i–CAP® Servo Capping Machine
Single or Dual Head, Table Top or Frame mounted
The i–CAP® Servo Capping machine is built to tighten caps with precision application torque via servo motors. In addition, the cap torque arm has a spring-loaded spindle to engage threads and assure caps are tight. The unit has easy-to-change cap chucks to accommodate a wide variety of cap shapes and sizes. The same unit can also be used to crimp caps.
The i–CAP® Screw Cap Machine is available:
- As a Table Top unit operated via a foot switch, control panel, or two palm-button safety controls;
- Mounted in a roll-up frame with conveyor; or
- Integrated with the intelliFILLER™ liquid filling machine.
With available servo motor technology, the i-CAP can output data on each individual cycle of cap tightening. Application torque data can be monitored and used to activate a reject mechanism, if required.
Machined cap chucks are available that have knurled edges to match caps. These chucks insure a tightened cap and eliminate the cost of a consumable spare. Cap chucks are also available with rubber or urethane inserts.
The i-CAP torque unit accommodates screw top lids for bottle capping; either round, square and rectangle bottles, with openings for narrow and wide mouth. Cap chucks accommodate cap sizes of 24/415 to 63/415.
- Replace manual cap tightening
- Eliminate repetitive stress injuries
- Ensure seal integrity
- Torque and/or crimp with same unit
- Use in lab, Clean Room and production environment
- Adaptable for changing requirements
- Servo motor or air clutch options
- Crimp closures available, see our Crimp Seal product page
- Robotic unit available, recipe driven for automatic cap pick and place